“Put that picture on Instagram!” Let’s face it – this sentence is thrown around an awful lot as of lately! For those of you who are not familiar with this social photo app, allow us to explain.
Instagram is an image-based social network that is available on Smartphone devices. Users can take as many photos as they want, being able to choose from a variety of filters, as well as editing techniques to post the very best photo possible (who needs professional photography?!) Once the user is satisfied with their image, they can then tag friends or followers, add a quick caption and upload! Users also have the option to post the photo to their Facebook and Twitter pages, making it easy to share.
Yes, you could say that this app is not only fun, but up and coming. Here are just a few stats to prove to you just how valuable and relevant Instagram is (taken from the official Instagram website):
• 100 million monthly active users
• 40 million photos posted per day
• 8,500 likes per second
• 1,000 comments per second
As you can see, there is A LOT of action going on! Is your agency ready to jump on this action? GOOD! Some may think that insurance agencies have no use or business being on Instagram, but we beg to differ. This week, we have a few reasons to change your mind:
• Instagram can expand your audience. Once you have another social network linked to both your Facebook and Twitter account, you can bet that fans and followers will like your photos and add you back! You can also use #hashtags on Instagram (for example: #insurancehumor) and gain new followers and fans who may be posting the same type of content. You can never have too many ways to “connect with” and “share” with your clientele and potential clients.
• Instagram can increase engagement. There are always ways that you can engage with your clients. Ask fans and followers to post their OWN photos on Instagram and tag your agency. For example, you can run a fun contest: Cutest Pet Contest! Winner gets a $50 gift card!
Want to hear more? Be sure to visit back for a few techniques and ways to take advantage of Instagram!
Disclaimer: Please note we did use Astonish Results in the blog title, though we changed our name to Astonish last year. The reason we did this is because a lot of people still find us by searching Astonish Results. This is why some posts will contain our old name.